Inclusion Manager/SENCo - Mrs Angela George
Contact - 01622 842188
Sutton Valence Primary School is a fully inclusive school and all children are included regardless of their needs. Our committed, supportive and caring community work hard to ensure a whole school ethos of inclusion where:
- All children are actively involved in all activities throughout the day.
- Time out of the class away from peers is minimised.
- Teaching strategies and resources are adapted to ensure equal accessibility to all.
- Discrete adult support is given to promote independent learning, appropriate socialisation and to avoid learnt dependency.
- Opportunities are continually explored for all children to grow in confidence, have a voice and shine.
At Sutton Valence we know that all children learn in different ways so we use different teaching styles, resources and plan different levels of work, along with a range of other approaches. We call this Quality First Teaching.
Our SEND policy and Information document explains our inclusive practice in full.
The admission criteria ranking for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is as follows:
1. Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care
2. Children with Education Health Care Plan
3. Current family association (sibling)
4. Health, Social and Special Access reasons
5. Nearness of children‟s homes to schools