Uniform is available online from Your School Uniform. Please click this link to go to their website:
New starters - for help and advice for ordering school uniform, please click here
For details regarding the ordering process and delivery, please click here
School Uniform Policy
It is our school policy that all pupils wear school uniform when attending school. School uniform is part of the school ethos and in sending their child/ren to Sutton Valence Primary School, parents agree to support our policy.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Creates a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Identifies the pupil with the school
- Is practical and smart
Our uniform consists of:
- White polo shirt – either plain or with the Sutton Valence Primary school logo
- Forest green school jumper or cardigan - either plain or with the Sutton Valence Primary school logo (jumpers with brand logos are not permitted)
- Black or grey trousers, shorts or skirts
- Green checked dress
- White, grey or black plain socks or tights
- Plain and discreet headbands and hair ties (pupils with hair that is longer than shoulder length must wear it tied up)
- A peaked cap for summer protection (sunglasses are not permitted)
- Black flat sensible, safe shoes with good grip on the sole. Alternatively, smart, black trainers with no white or coloured flashes or patters. Bright coloured laces are not permitted. Shoes with open toes are not permitted in the summer.
- No make-up is to be worn to school (this includes nail polish)
- White or house colour T-shirt
- Black or grey tracksuit bottoms or shorts
- Trainers/ black plimsolls
- Swimming: swimming costume/ trunks/ towel/ swimming hat for long hair.
Pupils should wear clothes that they don’t mind getting dirty and are appropriate for the weather. Wellies should be brought to school for every session so that pupils have footwear to change into when outside. During the winter, pupils should bring coats and warm clothing and during the summer, pupils should wear tops that cover their shoulders to protect against the sun.
It is encouraged that pupils do not wear jewellery to school, especially as individuals become very upset if a treasured piece of jewellery goes missing or is damaged. The only acceptable items of jewellery permitted are small studs for pierced ears and sensible watches. Please note that school will be unable to take any responsibility for any jewellery/ watches lost or damaged.
Please label all school clothes with your child’s name. We do our best to re-unite pupils with clothes but it is very difficult for this to happen without a name.
You can purchase name labels from Stikins for your child's uniform, bags, shoes, water bottle and anything else that they may bring in to school. These labels are easy to apply, they simply stick in a stay in.
Please click the banner below to order and quote our fundraising code 22702 when ordering your labels. Labels are dispatched to your home address on the same day as your order is placed if ordered before 3pm!
Please ensure your child is aware of and adheres to our school uniform policy. We thank you for your cooperation in implementing this policy.