Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to ensure we all participate in the constant quest of knowledge, learning and adventure so that each individual can build upon their core strengths to aspire to make a real difference.
- celebrate achievement and be proud of their accomplishments
- challenge themselves through questioning when exploring an area of their learning
- communicate confidently their thinking and share their learning with others
- work in collaboration and/or work independently, they know what enables them to achieve their best
- have the courage to think outside the box, inspire others and prepare others for leadership; to take risks in order to learn
- explore learning in all environments
- achieve an understanding of self and regulate their own emotions to ensure a healthy emotional well-being
- achieve the skills to be resilient, to never give up, and become a lifelong learner
- respect everyone's opinions and celebrate difference
- take responsibility and be a full member of the school community and its agreed rules
- be adaptable for an ever changing world
- work within the changing world of technology and language
- follow their own lines of enquiry to build upon their own interests and talents. Know that they are unique,
We achieve this by:
- providing a welcoming, caring and safe working environment for everyone.
- setting a high standard of attainment and behaviour for all pupils.
- making sure that children of all abilities are stimulated and challenged at school.
- offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- concentrating on the teaching of the basic skills of Maths and English as a foundation to other learning.
- encouraging self-confidence, tolerance, self-respect and respect for others.
- helping children to learn how to co-operate willingly and compete fairly.
We also involve the community in the life of the school and respond to local needs.
The staff and governors of the school are committed to working together as a team to achieve these shared aims, values and principles.
Please read our PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education) policy.