Admissions - Please see our policy for further guidance
The County Council determines our Admissions Policy. It reflects the County Council’s desire to give priority to siblings and to children living in defined communities. The criteria is as follows:
- Sutton Valence Primary School takes children from the ages 4 to 11. Applications are processed by Kent County Council at County Hall in Maidstone.
- Children with strong medical or exceptional evidence, which leads the Director of Education to conclude that attendance at any other school would be inappropriate;
- Children who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living within a pre-defined community area.
- Children whose 4th birthday falls on or before 31st August 2017 will be admitted in September 2017 and can start as full-time pupils after a phased couple of weeks at the start of the term.
- Each child must attend school full time in the term that they turn five.
- We are pleased to receive applications for all children regardless of gender, race, class, ability or additional educational need.